A couple of weeks ago I performed an under the battery tray rust repair on the
78 240D to cure a water intrusion problem into passenger floor area. Well, the
repair worked but water is still leaking but now from under the windshield area
somewhere. I had the windshield gasket replaced last spring with an original
Mercedes part ordered from the CC. I watched the guys do it and didn’t see any
rust in the channel. I understand that even these new factory seals can leak
and I intend to bring the car back to the glass shop but I want to make sure
that there isn’t some other known culprit for this kind of leak. I vaguely
recall Kent Bergsma investigating a leak emanating from under the plastic cowl
vents. Anyone know anything abou this?

Sent from my iPhone