Hello Curt,

The problem with the starters is somewhat troubling but as of yet, no real
conclusions.  The failure mode for the first was a slowly degenerating
condition in which it would just "click" when you turn the key to start.  I
would turn the key back and try again and it would start.  My first thought was
starter solenoid but the starter and solenoid are a integrated unit and the
condition within a few days become a dead starter. The second starter abruptly
failed and it lasted less then a week before it failed abruptly.  Taking the
starter off and having it tested showed that it didn't move the bendix at all.
After playing with the toggle switch on the test station at the local FLAPS, it
eventually caused the bendix to pop in and out but only after a half-dozen
tries.  I don't have any clues as what to look for but if this one fails then
no more "remanned" starters for me.  When I am under the truck with my wife
turning the key, there is a loud click as the starter tries to engage but no
bendix movement.

Kevin's website is http://4btconversions.com and you need to call him for
pricing but I believe that around $15K is what he is charging for a turnkey.  A
little less for some options and little more for some options.  I believe that
he hasn't taken the pictures for mine down yet so the white '97 F-150 is mine.
So far, his service has been really good and honestly much better then any
local dealer given the starter issues I have had.

Kevin' turned up the fuel delivery on the IP on the truck and replaced the 4BT
industrial injectors with the 6BT injectors since they are a little bit bigger
with a better spray pattern.  I haven't had it dynoed but he is claiming 160HP
and 330 ft/lb of torque.

Todd Smith '85 300CD 248K