Just read an interesting article about refinishing seats.  SOme of you have
talked about Leatherique, etc and some other methods - this article says the
leather seats are treated very similarily to the paint on the body.  For
instance, severe problem areas are sanded to reach good material.  Also, the
seats being restored are in a 1991 Porsche 911.  The leather was painted
originally and coated with a clear coat to keep the leather from
transferring to your pants.  Deep cracks are filled with a filler which is
flexible and permanent and lasts for years.  The painting must match the
original color and is then clear coated.  The piping is painted also - by
hand much like pin striping.

Anyway, that's the short version.    I get this magazine on CD from a frined
but it may be 6 months before he sends it to me.  But at that time I can
probably share it a little easier to anyone interested.

Later ya'll
Larry T (67 MGB, 74 911, 78 240D, 91 300D)
PORSCHE POSTERS!  youroil.net
.