E M wrote:
> Thanks Peter,
> This wheel was by no way torqued correctly!!  I had to put a 3 foot piece of
> pipe on the wrench to get the bolts out!!  Wonder the rotors didnt look like
> salad bowls, but them seem ok.  I always do the back of the rotor where it
> meets the hug too.
>
> Ed
> 300E
>
> On 19/08/07, Peter Frederick <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>> A very light coating of ant-iseize will work.  I also put a very thin
>> layer of anti-seize on the face of the hub when installing a new rotor,
>> too.
>>
>> However, I've never seen a stuck alloy wheel with correctly torqued lug
>> bolts. either.
>>
>> Peter

The surface that must NOT be lubricated is the wheel's lug seat and the
surface of the lug bolt that mates with it. I routinely (for about 25
years) used paraffin wax wiped onto the lug threads and that has NEVER
allowed the the lugs to seize even when a gorilla over tightens them.
Never had one spontaneously come loose either when  properly torqued.

Marshall
--
Marshall Booth Ph.D.
Ass't Prof. (ret.)