             Assigned to: None
             Open/Closed: Open
         Discussion Lock: Any
        Operating System: Linux
            Perl Version: 5.8.4
       Component Version: 2.6.15
           Fixed Release:

Details:

I'm running MHonArc 2.6.15. I would test this with 2.6.16, but I don't have
the time to do the upgrade right now, and there's no mention of anything
related to this on the bug list, fixed or otherwise.

It seems that mails sent from Mac Mail on OSX containing binary attachments,
most usually .doc and .pdf files, are archived as binXXXXXXXXX.bin instead of
docXXXXXXX.doc, pdfXXXXXXXX.pdf etc.

This of course means that the attachment files from the archive cannot be
correctly interpreted by the reader unless the file is downloaded manually
and renamed.

Such attachments sent as part of mails to the same list from Outlook, Outlook
Express or Mozilla Thunderbird on Windows, or Gmail on either Mac or Windows,
are stored and named correctly.

Is there a fix for this, perhaps as a separate MIME Filter plug-in. I
considered writing a post-processing script to rename such files (and their
references in the message HTML) but this is impossible without knowing the
original file type, which seems to be lost, if indeed it is obtained
correctly in the first place.

Please advise.

Simon Eves

  <http://savannah.nongnu.org/bugs/?19627>