That's what I was talking about.  If I install 1.2.6 and instead of creating a
new DB I just move the one from 1.2.5.  I should have asked if the database
model changed from 1.2.5 to 1.2.6.

--- Emiliano <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On Sun, 30 Jan 2000, Alexander Bokovoy wrote:
>
> > I said about known Midgard 1.2.x misfeature coming from direct
> > database-specific ID usage. If I'd add new page, it'll get some ID,
> > but when I'll move DB's content from my machine to yours one, your DB
> > might has an object with the same ID which will be surely a problem.
> > To avoid this, we introduced DB-neutral IDs for objects in Midgard
> > 2.0. As a temporary solution for 1.2 branch, Midgard 1.2.6 will use
> > special translation table which will hold information about portable
> > ID and database-specific one. So far, Midgard 1.2.6 beta 2 start
> > supporting this feature internally quite well but for benefit from it,
> > you'll need to have an utility to export database information from one
> > location and import it to another one. For the moment, this utility is
> > still in alpha state, that's why I'll try to create Admin Site's
> > update without involving new DB-specific IDs which could break your
> > site.
>
> This only affects inter-database copying. Existing sites that remain
> in their current database should upgrade easily.
>
> Emile
>

> --
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]

=====
                                           (O-O)
*   Sender: Derek Beattie                                *
*   Personal: [EMAIL PROTECTED]                        *
*   Business: [EMAIL PROTECTED]                        *