Emile Heyns wrote:

> Aschwin van der Woude schreef:
>
> > I recently installed Midgard, mostly from the rpm's for Red Hat 6.0
>
> Mostly? I don't recommend mixing source & RPM installs.

I know it's not to good to do. But I just wanted to get it working as soon as possible.
In the end it still took a long while, probably doing everything from tar-balls, would
have been equally quick.

> > I try to login to Midgard as admin as said in the documentation.
> > But in the browser it complains about an internal server error and in the error_log
> > from apache it says : [Mon Jan 31 13:13:45 2000] [crit] [client 192.168.0.10]
> > configuration error:  couldn't check user.  No user file?:
> > /midgard-root.php3
>
> Are you trying to call up midgard-root.php3 directly? midgard-root.php3
> is
> not meant to be accessed directly and as such should live outside your
> documentroot.

Yup that was it, as said in the documentation I created admin.somewhere.fi in my apache
configuration.
But at that moment I didn't have my php support for mysql. So I ended up with my
normal-document root.
So I tried it with admin.somewhere.fi/midgard-root.php3
Then more happened. And I continued from there.
But now everything seems fine.
Thanks for the quick response.

> 'No user file?' is just apache's way of saying 'I must serve a file I
> know should be protected by authentication but I have no way of
> authenticating
> the current user'.

Ah good to know!! My apache knowledge just increased 10 %.

> emile
>
> --
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Kiitos,

Aschwin

ps. I think this a great project, and I might join you in the future!!