Emile Heyns wrote:

> > I know it's not to good to do. But I just wanted to get it working as soon as
>possible.
> > In the end it still took a long while, probably doing everything from tar-balls,
>would
> > have been equally quick.

Well I did use the rpm's for midgard, but my PHP needed to be compiled again, with a
mysql-module for it.
But I couldn't get this compiled at first, so then I went on to rpmfind.net and got it
from
there. I was a bit unpatient and wanted to see Midgard in action.
So now I do have it working, I'm not sure exactly what components come from rpm's or
not.
Probably everything comes from rpm.
I try installing this in between my other work-tasks, and so it became somewhat messy,
but
it's just on my own machine, so what the heck.

> Possibly. But if you're going to use RPMs anyway why not install all 3
> parts from RPM? Or were you missing PHP features in midgard-php? I must
> admit I never did a decent roundup on what features would be a resonable
> default.
>
> > So I tried it with admin.somewhere.fi/midgard-root.php3
> > Then more happened. And I continued from there.
> > But now everything seems fine.
>
> I still reccomend placing this file outside your documentroot. Midgard
> doesn't
> need it to be in the DocRoot and as you see it can be a source of error.

Actually I never moved into my document-root. I just assumed apache would now what to
with
it, because there was a files-section with it in access.conf. But maybe this
assumption is
completly wrong. I must admit, my knowledge about apache is not too big.