A foolproof way to check your midgard version is to check the apache
error log after your restart, you should see something like:

[Thu Feb  3 18:23:39 2000] [notice] Apache/1.3.9 (Unix)  (NetRevolution
Advanced Server/Linux-Mandrake) PHP/3.0.13+Midgard/1.2.6 Midgard/1.2.6
configured -- resuming normal operations

Hope this helps,
Fred