Hello Todd,

you wrote:
>> >Is there a way around this without requiring a dynamic
>> >loader?
>>export LDFLAGS="-L/usr/lib/mysql -Lwhatever/you/need"
>>before running ./configure
> Still doesn't work...
> Compile mod_midgard-1.2.6-beta2...
> ...mod_midgard-1.2.6-beta2] root# ./configure --with-mysql
> --with-midgard
You should call it as ./configure --with-midgard=/usr/local

>From configure script:
  --with-midgard=DIR   Prefix of the Midgard installation.
                       The header file midgard.h should be in
                       DIR/include, and the library libmidgard in
                       DIR/lib.
As for MySQL files, they cannot be specified via configure script, but
should be accessible either directly (it means that they are under
/usr (/usr/include/mysql and /usr/lib/mysql)) or specified via
environmental variables CFLAGS (for includes) and LDFLAGS (for
libraries):

CFLAGS="-I/usr/local/include/mysql" LDFLAGS="-L/usr/local/lib/mysql"\
./configure --with-midgard=/usr/local

Note that last two lines should be typed as one - that's why I put
backward slash at the end of the first line. Please be careful about
location of MySQL's include files.

Best regards,
 Alexander                            mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]