Paul Newby wrote:

> This seems a little dangerous, since it's possible to delete the parent
> article and leave the replies as orphans that are inaccessible to the
> list_topic_article functions.

This has always been possible.

> It might be better if mgd_delete_article removed all reply articles by
> default, with an optional parameter that could be set to leave them
> in place.

Several equally good defaults exist. You could refuse to delete an
article when it has reply articles unless forced by a similar flag.
In either case you could choose to either move the reply articles up
or indeed issue a recursive delete.

The same discussion goes for any container/containee[0] relationship.
Article/reply article, topic/article, page/subpage, style/element,
page/page element, article/attachment, and I'm probably missing a few.

I wouldn't want a delete to be synonimous to rm -rf, personally.

emile

[0] Ugh. Sorry for that word.