"Burness,Phil" wrote:

> if I point my web browser at the admin.domain.name I have set up in the
> httpd.conf file then I get a page Not Found error.

What does the apache error log say about this?

> if I use
> admin.domain.name/midgard-root.php3
> then I get a login screen which blows me
> out with internal server error.

This file must not be accessed directly. It doesn' have to be in the
document
root, and I usually advice to place it elsewhere.

> I have updated the host table as instructed
> with the admin.domain.com. I am logging in with admin / password as
> instructed.

How have you defined the VirtualHost in httpd.conf, and what is the
contents of the host record in the database for the admin host?

Emile