On Thu, Aug 18, 2005 at 06:23:50PM +0200, Bolke de Bruin wrote:
> I am working on an UMTS (via ppp) connection. This connection seems to
> have a very small mtu namely 480 bytes. If found this out using
> different sizes when pinging. To accomodate vor this I have added a
> scrub rule to pf.conf:
>
> scrub out on tun0 all fragment reassemble max-mss 472
>
> in ppp.conf
>
> I have added:
>        set mtu max 472
>        set mru max 472
>
> Still I am unable to do any webbrowsing or ssh to the outside. Does
> someone have experience with these kind of connections? Isn't the mtu a
> bit too small?

which card? i'm using umts with a option 3g from vodafone and pppd
without problems.

reyk

$ cat /etc/ppp/peers/vodafone
/dev/ttyU0
460800
:0.0.0.1
connect '/usr/sbin/chat -v -f /etc/ppp/vodafone.chat'
disconnect '/usr/sbin/chat -v -f /etc/ppp/disconnect.chat'
crtscts
defaultroute
ipcp-accept-local
ipcp-accept-remote
lock
modem
ms-dns 139.7.30.125
ms-dns 139.7.30.126
noauth
noipdefault
novj
user d2
nodetach
debug

$ cat /etc/ppp/vodafone.chat
# first unlock the device once with AT+CPIN="xxxx"
'ABORT'         'BUSY'
'ABORT'         'ERROR'
'ABORT'         'NO CARRIER'
'ABORT'         'NO DIALTONE'
'REPORT'        'CONNECT'
'TIMEOUT'       '10'
''              'AT+CPIN?'
'+CPIN: READY'  'AT_OPSYS=3,2'
'OK'            'AT+CGDCONT=2,"IP","web.vodafone.de"'
'OK'            'AT+CGDCONT=1,"IP","web.vodafone.de"'
''              'ATZ'
'OK'            'ATE1'
'OK'            'AT&F'
'TIMEOUT'       '60'