David Diggles wrote:
I am now trying it with -G120:6:864

Although I can't think how to reproduce the problem in a controlled way,
other than wait and see what emails I don't get :/

Stop playing with those settings, you are freaking out about log entries that don't mean what you think they mean.

spamd seems to have a queue for updates to the database. This is based off of a 2 minute look at the code in question, but it seems to use the to do all changes from a scan run at once, so it can do all the necessary changes in one burst.

What you are seeing are messages about it deleting stuff from its own database, not email. spamd doesn't accept email. The email never gets to your smtp daemon until it's gotten through spamd's delays.

Are you actually not receiving email? Or assuming there is a problem based upon your panicked look at the logs?

If emails aren't getting through, they may either need to be explicitly whitelisted (providers like gmail do things that mean they may never get through graylisting), or you have misconfigured your setup.

--Kurt