Hi,

Todd C. Miller wrote:
Since you don't have a console you might want to add the following
to /etc/sysctl.conf if you don't already have them:

ddb.panic=0                     # 0=Do not drop into ddb on a kernel panic
ddb.log=1                       # 1=Log ddb output in kernel message buffer

With that you may be able to see the panic message in dmesg if there
is one.
good suggestion. I did not set that after I reinstalled the box with 5.6

Luckily OpenBSD is a polite OS and we have a sysctl.conf ready in "examples". the ddb.log is missing there though.

Riccardo