On Thu, Dec 31, 2015 at 3:19 PM, Joel Rees <joel.r...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Dec 31, 2015 at 3:22 AM, Alexey Suslikov
> <alexey.susli...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> ropers <ropers <at> gmail.com> writes:
>>
>>> It says here <http://www.openbsd.org/faq/faq4.html#SendDmesg> that one
>>> should not send dmesg <at>  mail that's text-flow reformatted (which I
>>> AFAIK gmail always does, unavoidably).
>>
>> it does, but only if you use web/mobile clients. there is no reformat if
>> you use smtp directly (not compatible with 2-factor auth).
>>
>> posting to lists using gmane also works.
>>

> So, if I redirect a dmesg to a file, open the file with gedit, select
> all, copy, and paste into this xombrero window on the gmail web
> client, something bad happens to the dmesg text?
>
> Like this:
>
> OpenBSD 5.9-beta (GENERIC.MP) #8: Wed Dec 23 22:21:16 JST 2015
>     r...@feather.my.domain:/usr/src/sys/arch/amd64/compile/GENERIC.MP
> real mem = 1835790336 (1750MB)
> avail mem = 1776087040 (1693MB)
> mpath0 at root
> scsibus0 at mpath0: 256 targets
> mainbus0 at root
> bios0 at mainbus0: SMBIOS rev. 2.8 @ 0xe4800 (43 entries)
> bios0: vendor Insyde version "F.0A" date 07/16/2014
> bios0: Hewlett-Packard HP Pavilion 10 Notebook PC
> acpi0 at bios0: rev 2
> acpi0: sleep states S0 S3 S4 S5
> acpi0: tables DSDT FACP UEFI HPET APIC MCFG ASF! BOOT FPDT MSDM SSDT
> SSDT SSDT SSDT SSDT

Okay, that's a wrap that shouldn't be there.

> acpi0: wakeup devices GPP0(S5) GPP1(S4) OHC1(S3) OHC2(S3) OHC3(S3)
> EHC1(S3) EHC2(S3) EHC3(S3) XHC0(S4) AWAD(S4)
> acpitimer0 at acpi0: 3579545 Hz, 32 bits
> acpihpet0 at acpi0: 14318180 Hz
> acpimadt0 at acpi0 addr 0xfee00000: PC-AT compat
> cpu0 at mainbus0: apid 0 (boot processor)
> cpu0: AMD A4-1200 APU with Radeon(TM) HD Graphics, 998.25 MHz
> cpu0:
FPU,VME,DE,PSE,TSC,MSR,PAE,MCE,CX8,APIC,SEP,MTRR,PGE,MCA,CMOV,PAT,PSE36,CFLUS
H,MMX,FXSR,SSE,SSE2,HTT,SSE3,PCLMUL,MWAIT,SSSE3,CX16,SSE4.1,SSE4.2,MOVBE,POPC
NT,AES,XSAVE,AVX,F16C,NXE,MMXX,FFXSR,PAGE1GB,LONG,LAHF,CMPLEG,SVM,EAPICSP,AMC
R8,ABM,SSE4A,MASSE,3DNOWP,OSVW,IBS,SKINIT,TOPEXT,ITSC,BMI1

I guess this line made it because there's no space in the line. I'd
seen that before and thought it was safe.

> [...]

Okay, so dmesg should be sent by mutt or sylpheed, et, al., if we're
having trouble getting the default mail client to connect to the
outside world.

--
Joel Rees

Be careful when you look at conspiracy.
Arm yourself with knowledge of yourself, as well:
http://reiisi.blogspot.jp/2011/10/conspiracy-theories.html