Hi,
     I am working as VMware SME, and I need to update the security template
that we are using.

One of the settings that we have is the Serverkeybits. By default this
setting is not present on the sshd config file.

The protocol is set to 2 by default.

I am a little confused, because some website on the net say that
serverkeybits only apply when using protocol 1, and other say that it apply
no matter what.

Basically, I would need to know if I need to integrate this setting if we
use protocol 2 or if this is not needed?

The minimum key encryption that we want to allow is 1024, and the version
of openssh on esxi 6 is 7.1p1. Openssl 1.0.1p.

Thanks

Jonathan