Melameth, Daniel D. wrote:
> Is ANYONE doing hostap with 802.11g?  If so, is it working well?  And
> doing WEP?  If not, any thoughts on doing this with -current?
>
> Thoughts appreciated--I'd love a make, model and relevant dmesg of
> anyone doing hostap with 802.11g.

Replying to my own post from a while back, I've been piloting 11g hostap
with 128-bit WEP for several days now and I haven't experienced any
noticeable issues.  I'm using a Hawking Hi-Gain Wireless-G Laptop
Card--model HWC54D which is not listed in the man page--for this and it
also happens to come with a small rotatable 6dBi antenna.

Relevant dmesg:

$ dmesg | grep ral0
ral0 at cardbus1 dev 0 function 0 "Ralink Technology, Inc., RT2500,
802.11  CardBus Reference Card": irq 11, address 00:0e:3b:07:a2:13
ral0: MAC/BBP RT2560 (rev 0x04), RF RT2525

So, my updated question now is, is ANYONE doing 11g hostap using an
Atheros chipset?  If so, is it working well and doing WEP?