Burn an CD from the cd40.iso file. That is bootable.

Burn another CD using e.g Writable CD in Windows, that is
a plain data file CD, containing why not all the files in
index.txt on the download site (or at least the file sets
you need). For convenience place them in /4.0/i386/.

That should do it. Boot from cd40, change to the other
when installing the sets.