Ted Roby wrote:
On Mon, Mar 22, 2010 at 11:30 AM, Otto Moerbeek <o...@drijf.net> wrote:

I suspect the OP would like to dual boot his intel mac machine and
still have access from OpenBSD to the files stored on a hfsplus
partition.

       -Otto

This is more in line with what I am seeking.
I have a large amount of data which must be moved over from
hfsplus to ffs. Since I am running -current, and seeking to assist
with development, -my- solution was to invest in another large
SATA drive, and attach via USB. I will format it with FAT32, copy
all desired media from large hfsplus backup volume, boot to openbsd,
copy all that data to internal FFS, reformat new drive FFS and use as
backups.

My desire, however, is to possibly give OpenBSD portable hfsplus
access on i386 for future Mac migrators.

A note of caution. I copied a bunch of stuff from an OSX 10.6 partition to a FAT32 USB drive, and when looking at that FAT32 USB drive mounted on an OpenBSD 4.7 system, any filenames that fit into the old DOS 8-character-dot-3-character naming convention got mapped to all uppercase. Played hell with some of my source trees. :(

I'm not sure if that happened on the OSX write to the FAT32 drive or on the OpenBSD read from the drive... but it's not going to do what I want.

So yes, Ted, I'd like very much to be able to mount an intel Snow Leopard hfs+ file system on OpenBSD.

--
Ron McDowell
San Antonio TX