On Friday 23 April 2010 15:32:57 Owain Ainsworth wrote:
> CVSROOT:      /cvs
> Module name:  src
> Changes by:   o...@cvs.openbsd.org    2010/04/23 13:32:57
>
> Modified files:
>       sys/ntfs       : ntfs_ihash.c
>
> Log message:
> It is about time that we stopped pretending simple_locks are locks.
>
> replace ntfs_nthash_slock usage with comments prefixed XXXLOCKING (for
> grepability).
>
> This lock looks to be correct, but it could well be the bad way to do it
> (having a rwlock for inserts to avoid races inserting the same inode but
> then simple locking on list accesses).
>
> approach discussed with deraadt@

First, thanks for the bit of love on the ntfs stuff.  I use my laptop
routinely now, to rescue files from diseased Windows machines.

For this change (and the cd?), is there anything special I should be
looking out for, when testing this?  Anything that might push the
envelope some?

Thanks!

--STeve Andre'