Duncan Mak wrote:

How do you install Mono right now? What do you do to upgrade?

I use the yum repositories for Fedora Core 1 and Fedora Core 2.

Is Mono too difficult to install for people new to Linux? For people
with Linux experience?

When everything works, the yum repositories approach is very easy. (How hard could it be to type "yum install mono"?) My problems with the install are all related to broken/unsatisfied/missing dependencies.

Do you think switching back to a two package setup is a good idea?

If it cuts down on the dependency related issues, sure! But I still prefer the yum repositories mainly because I install my other software using it. Since I install everything anyway, it really doesn't make any difference to me if two packages or thirty packages are installed. Though I have to admit that it is way cooler to watch thirty packages scroll by in yum.

--
Weiqi Gao
[EMAIL PROTECTED]