On 20.04.2014 15:00, cocowalla wrote:
I have a Windows service that I want to run with Mono on Linux. I can run it
as a service using mono-service, and this works fine.

I also want to mkbundle the application to ease deployment for end-users, so
they don't need to faff about installing Mono themselves.

What is the recommended way to run the resulting native binaries as a
service on Linux?

You may want to try to bundle mono-service.exe together with
your service assemblies and provide a launcher script similar to
mono-service.

However, mkbundle was not designed for such (rather complex)
use cases, so your mileage might vary.

Robert