David:
This must be the only reissue Vertigo poster which mimics the original art. The reissues from 1963 and 1983 do not.
Walter
----- Original Message ----- From: "David Kusumoto" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <MoPo-L@LISTSERV.AMERICAN.EDU>
Sent: Monday, September 11, 2006 5:07 PM
Subject: [MOPO] check out this description - VERTIGO 1996

Another MoPo member asked if I could estimate its value. It was years ago, but I sold it for something like $15. What I remember most was the paper stock and the brilliant capture of the original 1958 art; it almost looked like an art-quality silk-screen print, not offset. It was a good "stand-in" poster, but I also remember it being single-sided, not double-sided.

I don't think many were printed and I personally think its present-day value, because of the original 1958 art, should be higher than the 1983 re-issues, which showed a shadow image of Hitch on the right hand side. I don't recall ANY "Vertigo" poster re-issues mimicking the 1958 art, but I could be wrong; maybe Walter or Bruce or some of the other "vets" out there could respond to this.

-koose.