From: MoPo List [mailto:mop...@listserv.american.edu] On Behalf Of Todd Feiertag
Sent: Thursday, September 03, 2009 4:32 AM
To: MoPo-L@LISTSERV.AMERICAN.EDU
Subject: Re: [MOPO] the role of restoration in forgeries

I believe that anyone who linenbacks a Mint or Near Mint poster is committing a
serious crime and should be held up in front of a firing squad and shot!!  Just
kidding of course!!

It is a shame though, since if that poster is 50, 60 or 70 years old, in such a
wonderful condition, and I've seen many posters that old and older in Near Mint
or Mint condition, the poster will easily outlive you and will still be in that
great similar condition in another 50, 60 or 70 years from now, under it's same
environmental conditions.

Personally for myself, I will only linenback or back a poster if it really
needs it, if it's just too distracting as is, such as if it's missing chunks of
paper within the image or something similar.

Todd