Hi Diane

Thanks for elaborating on this but I think it highlights the need for some
standards amoung linen backers/restorers ie what is and what is not acceptable.
I would not want to have a layer taken off the back of a window card - period,
but that is obviously just my opinion. If someone buys a backed and restored
window card I wonder how they would feel if they knew that the back layer had
been taken off. There have been some high end window cards at major auctions
that have had extensive restoration. I guess that the same process of removing
the back layer may have been used with some of these items.

I fully understand that clients often want their posters to be restored to near
perfect condition but I think it might be time to start setting some industry
standards.

Regards
John

Sign up for my regular newsletter on movie memorabilia:
http://www.moviemem.com/pages/page.php?mod=account&go=register

Visit my Website: www.moviemem.com

All About Australian posters:
http://search.reviews.ebay.com/members/johnwr_W0QQuqtZg