FYI - for those interested in reading text on the sandhill crane hunt
in the Federal Register.

Federal Register Proposed Rules: June 10, 2010 (Volume 75, Number 111)
Full text found here:
http://edocket.access.gpo.gov/2010/2010-13956.htm

There is a public comment section in the document, but it is not clear
the length of time before comments are no longer accepted.

Sandhill Cranes
Council Recommendations: The Mississippi, Central, and Pacific Flyway
Councils recommended a sandhill crane hunting season for mid-continent
sandhill cranes in northwest Minnesota in 2010, following guidelines
outlined in the 2006 Cooperative Management Plan for mid-ontinent
sandhill cranes.

The Central and Pacific Flyway Councils recommend using the 2010 Rocky
Mountain Population (RMP) sandhill crane harvest allocation of 1,979
birds as proposed in the allocation formula using the 2007-09 3-year
running average.

The Pacific Flyway Council recommended initiating a limited hunt for
Lower Colorado River Valley (LCRV) Sandhill Cranes in Arizona with a
goal of a limited harvest of 9 cranes during the 2010-11 hunting
season. Arizona will issue permits to hunters and require mandatory
check-in of all harvested cranes. The Service previously approved the
hunt in 2007.

Wes Bailey
Grand Rapids, MN