We have just returned from a trip to paradise (aka Hawaii) and I will post
something on that soon.  We returned to a fledged Barred Owl hanging around.
This is the second year in a row we have had one by the house.  The last one
use to fly into the yard when I would call, "Hi owl!  Come on over and say
hello!"

I also returned to a complete absence of squirrels.  I have found a couple of
dead ones in the yard.  The population around the yard went from six to ten
during late fall last year to zero now.

Steve Weston on Quigley Lake in Eagan, MN
swest...@comcast.net