Hi Birders,

This morning we had an adult Red-shouldered Hawk land on one of our bird
feeders (about 20 feet from our patio door). It perched there for 20 or 30
seconds before flying off to a tree in the woods on the edge of our yard. It
remained there for several minutes before flying off.

Yesterday we had a juvenile Yellow-bellied Sapsucker land on the trunk of a
sugar maple outside of our kitchen window. After a minute or so it was joined
by a male Red-bellied Woodpecker on the opposite side of the trunk. It was fun
to see them both so close to each other. We've had the sapsuckers nesting in
aspens on our property but have never seen them visit during the winter. We've
lived here since 1985.

Good birding,

Paul and JoAnn Gunderson
Big Lake Township