A slight correction from what I’ve heard:
The bird was initially seen by Milt, and flew off after being photographed on a
wire. That photo is available on the MOU Webpage.
The Hosch’s refound it with the same flock of birds it had been originally seen
with (interestingly the same or similar composition to the 1995 record) but
similarly disappeared quickly and before being photographed.
No one else was able to find the bird again after the second Hosch’s sighting.
Last night was an excellent night for migration, so it’s likely that the bird
has moved on with the flock, but I know a number of people who will still be
looking this morning and will update if it’s refound.

Also, the sighting was shared initially to 3 Facebook groups (County Listers,
Minnesota Heartland Birding +, and the ABA Rare Bird Alert), and then a 4th and
5th later (Minnesota Birding and Minnesota Rare Bird Alert). Perhaps it was
shared to more, but those are the groups that I am a part of that got the
Wheatear post.

An amazing record, and one I hope is refound today! Only 1 of the previous 4
records stayed longer than a day, and that was the Duluth Bird which stayed for
6 days.

All the best and happy Birding!

Alex Sundvall

Sent from my iPhone