On Sun, Mar 1, 2009 at 12:14 PM, Cactus <rieman...@googlemail.com> wrote:

> On Windows I just generate both gmp.h and mpir.h from gmp-h.in.

I guess I didn't notice that. Using your the "standard" convention you
have set up for the various MSVC projects you have created, all I find
in build.vc9\lib\Win32\Release or build.vc9\lib\x64\Release are the
files:
- mpir.h
- mpir.lib

So projects like GMP-ECM and others that link to GMP are expecting
gmp.h and gmp.lib to be there so it fails and I have to rename those
files.  Maybe this is different in the trunk code, I haven't checked.

> Jeff wanted the same names on Windows and Linux but I am not sure this
> matters since the name extensions .lib and .a are different anyway.

They don't have to be identical names, I just meant it would be nice
if it was consistent between the two using "gmp" or "mpir" as naming
conventions for the lib and include files.

> And I don't much like libmpir.lib on WIndows because I already know
> its a library from the extension so mpfr.lib is sufficient.

The name mpir.lib is fine, but it would be nice if compatibility with
GMP was kept as well with a symbolic link of some sort.  Unfortunately
it seems creating a Windows shortcuts to mpir.h and mpir.lib with the
names gmp.h and gmp.lib do not work.  But if you are now creating both
with the latest code, that solves my problem.

Jeff.