On Tuesday 25 May 2010 20:46:44 Jason Moxham wrote:
> On Tuesday 25 May 2010 20:33:32 Minh Nguyen wrote:
> > Hi Jason,
> >
> > On Tue, May 25, 2010 at 12:33 PM, Jason Moxham
> > <ja...@njkfrudils.plus.com> wrote:
> >
> > <SNIP>
> >
> > > yes , although as we have the new msvc files in I think we going to
> > > call it 2.1.0
> >
> > <SNIP>
> >
> > > according to these rules
> > > http://sources.redhat.com/autobook/autobook/autobook_91.html
> > >
> > > as we have added a new function mpn_sqr  we must increment current ,
> > > set rev to 0 , and increment age so we 10.0.1  and 4.8.1
> >
> > Thank you very much for the clarification. After checking out trunk on
> > boxen.math, I edited the script setversion as per your suggestion. To
> > update the versioning of MPIR, I ran the modified script setversion,
> > only to receive the following error from autotools:
> >
> > [mv...@boxen mpir-2.1.0]$ pwd
> > /dev/shm/mvngu/mpir-2.1.0
> > [mv...@boxen mpir-2.1.0]$ svn update
> > At revision 2962.
> > [mv...@boxen mpir-2.1.0]$ ./setversion
> > Setting MPIR to
> > MPIR-2.1.0
> > GMP-soname-10.0.1
> > GMPXX-soname-4.8.1
> > autoreconf: configure.ac: AM_GNU_GETTEXT is used, but not
> > AM_GNU_GETTEXT_VERSION configure.in: required file `./ylwrap' not found
> > configure.in:   `automake --add-missing' can install `ylwrap'
> > Makefile.am:412: echo -e "\n": non-POSIX variable name
> > Makefile.am:412: (probably a GNU make extension)
> > autoreconf: automake failed with exit status: 1
> >
> > Do you or anyone have any ideas what going on?
>
> yeah , the autotools on boxen is a newer one than what we are used to , we
> havent got around to updating Makefile.am to get rid of the non-posix bit.
> I can run it on mine , to make the dist , and upload it to boxen , or I can
> fix the script , or perhaps we can launch autotools is a less pedantic mode

actually make dist will run on boxen to make the distro , it's just the
setversion script that runs autotools which doesn't like a script in
makefile.am (that make dist uses) , I can setversion on my machine which has a
more complient autotools  , and then anyone can make dist (on a linux box, as
the make dist script is non-posix