On Saturday 14 August 2010 18:39:50 Cactus wrote:
> On Aug 14, 4:53 pm, "jason" <ja...@njkfrudils.plus.com> wrote:

OK , I asked in case it was easy.
As we have a pre-distro step (ie autoreconf) every time we add a file/change
configure anyway , I can just add it to that so that the "user" never need
know.
Perhaps even better the sym links that configure makes can just "drop the m" .
But I still HAVE to change the include path , as it is taken from where the
sym link is , not the original file location. In a pre-distro step I can easily
automate it and keep it legible unlike if we did it at build time , then we
have to comply with everything that been done before on every machine , ever.

I have to change the object file format for yasm as for some reason it does not
default to x64 , this is easy , and I've got to link to x86_64w/yasm_mac.inc
I think it will work then , it should compile anyway :)

Is there much difference between x86w and x86 , they use the same ABI , I
wonder , we could put this into the pre-distro step , it would save
maintainance , and the code base would be notionally smaller

Jason