On Friday 26 November 2010 13:00:02 Mitesh Patel wrote:
> On 11/26/2010 06:50 AM, Mitesh Patel wrote:
> > We first noticed this problem when building Sage with MPIR 1.2.2 on cleo
> > and iras (ia64-Linux-suse).  I don't know if the error is specific to
> > Itanium.
>
> Leif Leonhardy has reported the same problem on a non-Itanium machine
>
> http://trac.sagemath.org/sage_trac/ticket/9343#comment:324
>
> I've also seen it on Skynet's menas (x86_64-Linux-core2-suse):
>
> http://build.sagemath.org/sage/builders/openSUSE%2011.1-64%20%28menas%29/bu
> ilds/39/steps/shell_1/logs/mpir

Hi

There are actually very few dependencies in MPIR , I always test with parallel
builds because I'm impatient , but the one thing I almost never test for is a
make install (next mpir will be tested for a make install as well) .MPIR could
well have unspecified dependencies.The other possible cause is that if you are
building in a directory on an NFS drive , timing issues can effect it.You could
try building on a local drive , if you still get the error then its most
likely bad dependencies , but if the error goes away then !maybe!

Thanks
Jason