Python doesn't matter it's not used , this happens on every machine and OS I have tested with or without python , the yasm python detect is broken .I think yasm uses python to build it's docs

Jason

----- Original Message ----- From: "Cactus" <rieman...@gmail.com>
To: "mpir-devel" <mpir-devel@googlegroups.com>
Sent: Monday, February 14, 2011 3:34 PM
Subject: [mpir-devel] Re: MinGW64

On Feb 14, 10:32 am, Jason <ja...@njkfrudils.plus.com> wrote:
On Monday 14 February 2011 09:59:46 Cactus wrote:

> On Feb 14, 9:45 am, Jason <ja...@njkfrudils.plus.com> wrote:
> > Hi

> > I've tried this combination
> > MSYS installed c:\msys
> > mingw installed c:\mingw

> > and as long as I specified the full path to configure it worked fine , > > ie

> > ./configure CC=/c/mingw/bin/x86_64-w64-mingw32-gcc.exe ....

> > although for C++ you would also have to tell it where the standard C++
> > library is , which I assume is something like LD=....

> > The only time I have trouble is when there are spaces in any of the
> > paths.

> > The only other issue for me is that try.exe , speed.exe tuneup.exe > > wont > > build , this is due to the makefile not having any include paths , > > dont
> > know why this only affects mingw64

> > Jason

> Even though I have now put msys and mingw64 at C:\, msys insists on
> setting up my Home Directory name to the name of my Windows account,
> which has a space in it :-(

I dont recall msys setting up a home directory for me , I just selected all
the defaults , I stuck in linux for the next hour or so while I finished
something else off , but I'll try it again.

> I hence put MPIR in the directory in C:\msys\home\mpir and tried
> again. This proceeds to the same point as before but it does not now
> visibly fail. At this point it thinks for something like 30 seconds
> without any output and then silently returns me to the msys command
> prompt. As far as I can tell no files are written during this
> period.

> However, the latest mingw64 release works perfectly when they are
> driven from CodeBlocks and even gdb based debugging of YASM assembler
> is now working for the first time.

> I have another machine where my account name does not have spaces so I
> will try it out on this machine.

> Brian

I have now tried the MPIR build with mingw64 on another machine with
the same failure. The end of the output is:

checking for shared library run path origin... done
checking for CFPreferencesCopyAppValue... no
checking for CFLocaleCopyCurrent... no
checking for GNU gettext in libc... no
checking for iconv... no, consider installing GNU libiconv
checking for GNU gettext in libintl... no
checking whether to use NLS... no
checking for GNU C Library... no
configure: Checking for Python
checking for a Python interpreter with version >= 2.4... none
configure: WARNING: Python not found
configure: WARNING: Could not find a suitable version of Python
configure: creating ./config.status
config.status: creating Makefile
config.status: creating po/Makefile.in
config.status: creating config.h
config.status: executing libyasm-stdint.h commands
config.status: creating libyasm-stdint.h : _YASM_LIBYASM_STDINT_H
config.status: executing po-directories commands
config.status: creating po/POTFILES
config.status: creating po/Makefile

Brian Gladman@BIGSLAVE /home/mpir
$

It couldn't find Python on either machine - is that an issue (I have
the x64 versions of both Python 2.7 and 3.2 installed).