On Monday 18 April 2011 14:02:59 Sisyphus wrote:
> [...]

I've never set fstab , the MSYS-1.0.11 + mingw v1.0 was set up exactly like
the email link , and when I tried the latest MSYS  , I just deleted all my
existing MSYS/Mingw stuff and did a default install of the latest MSYS and
that more modern GCC , and then put the path of the mingw bin directory in the
path (at the beginning) , and it just worked....

> Looks like both my 4.6.0 and 4.4.4 contain a bug that has since been fixed.

But they worked for me and Brian , so maybe not...

> Might have to give 4.6.0 the flick, which is a pity. It has done a power of
> work, and very reliably (until it had to confront yasm).
>
> Is there any point in digging deeper ?
> The problem has a clearly identifying signature - and the fix is
> (apparently) to install a newer build of the compiler.
>
> > AC_MSG_WARN([+----------------------------------------------------------]
> > )
> >
> >    AC_MSG_WARN([| Cannot determine global symbol prefix.])
> >    AC_MSG_WARN([| $NM output doesn't contain a global data symbol.])
> >    AC_MSG_WARN([| Will proceed with no underscore.])
> >    AC_MSG_WARN([| If this is wrong then you'll get link errors
> >    referring]) AC_MSG_WARN([| to ___gmpn_add_n (note three
> >    underscores).])
> >    AC_MSG_WARN([| In this case do a fresh build with an override,])
> >    AC_MSG_WARN([|     ./configure gmp_cv_asm_underscore=yes])
> >
> > and try no
>
> I gave that a go before trying the 4.7.0 compiler but , other than the
> config.log reporting "no" instead of "yes", it made no difference afaict.
> I still got the same 'undefined reference' errors, and the global symbol
> prefix was unchanged. (I liked the hackish idea, but.)
>
> Thanks for taking the time to persevere with me.
>
> Cheers,
> Rob

Thanks for looking into it
Jason