-----Original Message----- From: Case Van Horsen
Sent: Tuesday, October 02, 2012 7:43 AM
To: mpir-devel@googlegroups.com
Subject: Re: [mpir-devel] Re: MPIR 2.6 release progress

[snip]

I managed to do a quick test of the command line build last. Their was
an error with "make check". I should have time to look at it tonight.

Case

Interesting. If I use ABI=64, then "make" and "make check" succeed.

If I use "configure.bat ABI=32 --cpu=pentium3", then "make" succeeds
but I get the following error for "make check":

try.c
try.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol ___gmpn_mod_1c
try.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol ___gmpn_divrem_1c
try.exe : fatal error LNK1120: 2 unresolved externals
ERROR

Any ideas where to look?

Hi Case,

Oddly, your failure report allowed me to discover an error in my Python build generator for win32 builds. I have now corrected this in the repository but this only affects Visual Studio builds so I don't see how it can cause the problem you are seeing.

If try was linking with a library built using the Visual Studio IDE, this error would have caused the failure you are seeing. which leads me to wonder whether the command line build is putting the library in the right place for linking with tests, try, tune, ... etc. Maybe there is an old version of the library built with Visual Studio in the correct place and this is not being overwritten when the command line build is performed?