-----Original Message----- From: Bill Hart
Sent: Tuesday, October 02, 2012 4:48 PM
To: mpir-devel@googlegroups.com
Subject: Re: [mpir-devel] Re: MPIR 2.6 release progress

Hi all,

I had a look through the svn log to try and construct a list of things
which have changed since the last release. Unfortunately, all the log
entries for mpir-exp have been lost in the merge to trunk, but I
looked through the mpir-exp log so that they will at least be
reflected in the Changelog.

Here is what I have found so far:

Bugs:

* fixed build issue due to incorrect redc_2 header include
* proper test for unpatched gcc-4.3.2
* bug in speed/common for dc_bdiv_qr_n
* documentation error wrt -ve exponents in mpz_powm_ui
* correct mpq_cmp_ui declaration error found by David Cleaver
* correct bug in Windows assembler code for karasub

Improvements:

* Completely new FFT implementation (William Hart)
* Support for choice of intmax_t integer types in ui/si functions
(Brian Gladman)
* Visual Studio 11 support (Brian Gladman)
* added cpuid support for more x86_64 CPUs (Jason Moxham)
* new redc_1 for sandybridge and bobcat (Jason Moxham)
* Python Windows build generator (Brian Gladman)

Compatibility:

* additional macro support for mpfr-3.1.0
* Add macros for __GNU_MP_RELEASE and __MPIR_RELEASE

Is there anything missing? Any corrections? Anything that shouldn't be there?

When all is ok, I'll do the paperwork for the new release.

I also think we should do a release 2.5.2 based on revision 3897 which
fixes the redc_2 build issue in 2.5.1 (it looks like Jason was
intending to do a 2.5.2 release for this reason). This will give
people a nice stable MPIR to use if they aren't comfortable with
switching over to the new FFT immediately (though it has been used
pretty extensively in flint for some time now).

Although I made a few changes to cater for it, I have not yet added Visual Studio 11 builds for MPIR. So the item:

 * Visual Studio 11 support (Brian Gladman)

should really be 'prepare for Visual Studio 11'.