Hi Jeff,

What happens if you build a small program using a function from math.h and
compile it with gcc with the -lm option? Perhaps gcc doesn't use lib math.

I'll try to look for anything out of place in our configure, but it could
just as easily be an autotools issue.

If you could attach config.log after configuring for the failed build, I'll
take a look.

Bill.