On Monday, December 3, 2012 4:14:45 PM UTC+1, leif wrote:

> Bill Hart wrote:
> > I assume you mean divexact_1.asm.
>
> ?
>

> > I don't think we set -DPIC anywhere, so I think this is an autotools
> > bug.
>
> Presumably... ;-)

Not sure it is really a problem that PIC gets defined, although I must
although admit I don't no if PIC code makes sense on Mac OS system or if
they are able to produce such code.
If by default autotools wants to define PIC code, why not, it even seems a
good choice to me.

For me the problem is that some asm file which contains code (related to
PIC indeed) and that the Apple's AS does not understand, gets picked up
whereas it should not.

Preventing PIC from being defined would solve the problem, but it looks
like a hack for me.

> > How recent is the report? It might have been fixed by the latest
> > autotools upgrade that we did.
>
> Well, the log is from an attempt to build Sage 5.4.1, which ships with
> MPIR 2.4.0[.p6.spkg], a few hours old IIRC...
>
> I think the sage report is with MPIR 2.4.x (first report without log) and
2.6.0 (updated report at our request) as well