I'm building MPIR to support PyCrypto, and I came across two problems and I
have solutions:

1.  Many "The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another
process." errors.

      The best solution is to add a dependency for each project in the solution
so that the builds occur in order.  This has the same effect as setting the
maximum number of parallel builds to 1, but it this solution constrains the
build process no matter what setting is used for the max parallel builds.

      For example, my solution has the following projects, and I set the
following dependencies:
          dll_mpir_core2 depends on
          dll_mpir_gc, which depends on
          dll_mpir_k8, which depends on
          dll_mpir_nehalem, which depends on
          dll_mpir_petium4_sse2, which depends on
          lib_mpir_core2, which depends on
          lib_mpir_cxx, which depends on
          lib_mpir_gc, which depends on
          lib_mpir_k8, which depends on
          lib_mpir_nehalem, which depends on
          lib_mpir_pentium4_sse2, which has no dependency.

      Then, lib_mpir_pentium_sse2 will be built first, and proceed bottom up
through the previous list ending with dll_mpir_core2.  If specific builds are
not added to a specific solution's build in the configuration manager, the
build still succeeds, since there aren't really any dependencies other than the
pre-build step.

      A complete solution will require some work for the python config tool,
mpir_config.py, to properly add dependencies to the new projectwhich I have not
looked at.

2.  mpir.h is not generated correctly.  Exclamation marks are deleted.

      Exclamation marks are used to specify delayed expansion in variables
under the Win32 command parser.  Delayed expansion can be disabled and enabled
as needed.  I have added a command to disable delayed expansion after the first
line, @echo off, in gen_mpir_h.bat and tested successfully:

          @echo off
          setlocal DisableDelayedExpansion
          echo creating mpir.h for %1

I apologize if these issues have already been fixed.  I saw a previous post
from over a year ago with similar errors, but didn't see a general solution.