Yeah the Win64 function call ABI is used and but the longs are 64 bits not
32.

This probably shouldn't affect things too much for the reasons you state.

I don't have any special insight except that maybe it is not detecting the
processor correctly on Cygwin64, or there's some bottleneck which has been
sped up in GMP and not MPIR.

The configuration information you requested should help us get to the
bottom of that one (as will the performance improvements I have been
making...).

Bill.