It looks like INTMAX_MAX was defined by virtue of some header PPL includes
before gmpxx.h. But on your system, LONG_MAX is defined only by the C
limits.h, which is not included. And it can't be included, because it
conflicts with something.

So the proposed fix was to check that LONG_MAX is defined before checking
whether INTMAX_MAX != LONG_MAX in gmpxx.h

It's a hack, but it will make it work in what is otherwise an impossible
situation.

Bill.