leif wrote:
MPIR's test suite now exposes GCC's XOP-brokenness (I *think* that's new
in alpha7, but probably already in alpha5 or 6).  AFAICT, there's not a
single GCC version (supporting bdver*) that /isn't/ in some way broken
w.r.t. XOP instructions, but so far MPIR wasn't affected (and GMP still
isn't).

(Haven't checked yet whether just the test suite miscompiles, but I at
least hope the library itself isn't affected.)

Nope, unfortunately (also) the library gets miscompiled.

When I build the library with XOP instructions enabled and the test suite without, I'm getting the same five test failures with GCC 4.8.3, one less (i.e., only two) with GCC 4.9.0.

Note however that this happens only with '-O3', otherwise GCC hardly ever emits XOP instructions at all (in my experience at least).

-leif

--
() The ASCII Ribbon Campaign
/\   Help Cure HTML E-Mail