Hi all,

This is just a brief note to let the community know that as of MPFR-4.0.0,
Flint no longer supports the latest versions of MPIR or MPFR on Windows.

MPFR-4.0.0 is no longer compatible with MPIR-2.7.2 and Flint is no longer
compatible with MPIR-3.0.0. I doubt that anyone wants to fix any of these
issues.

For a while, we can use MPIR-2.7.2 and MPFR-3.1.6 on Windows, but
eventually Flint won't support these either, since we'll eventually depend
on functionality not in these packages. So this is just a temporary band
aid.

We can switch to using GMP instead of MPIR on Windows, however, Flint uses
a compatibility layer to support GMP on Windows, and this adds performance
issues which can't really be removed.

I don't know what the implications are for Arb. Perhaps Fredrik can be more
specific about that.