I think it's important to understand that no public money for a stadium is
impossible. All along it's been expected that land-clearing and cleaning
will be critical as will infrastructure accommodations for any economic
development in the city - perfectly appropriate expenditures.

But that's where it ends for me. The structure, the perks, the stadium
itself should be entirely privately financed.

The Mayor cannot walk away from talks and concerns over the impending
blackmail imposed by Major League Baseball. He must be involved, as must the
City Council.

Andy Driscoll
Saint Paul
------
"The hottest place in Hell is reserved for those who, in times of
moral crisis, remain neutral" --Dante