Yoho,

> > I don't know if you need to use the memory mapper for the replayer,
> > but if so, can you please make sure that it is DOS2 compatible?
>
> I hope he will, since my intention was to use the program from Multi-
> Mente which I only run in DOS2! Heheh.

The first version will just load and play, nothing TSR like.
So it won't need any memory management and thus run on both DOS1 and
DOS2. When that runs well, I'll make a TSR out of it which should use
the following load scheme:

check for MemMan
IF MemMan present
THEN
        use MemMan routines
ELSE
        check DOS version
        IF version is DOS2
        THEN
                use DOS2 memory routines
        ELSE
                assume DOS1 without memory manager
        FI
FI

Another thing. First idea for commandline:

        amber [-cN] [-v] filename[.mbm] [filename[.mbk]]

        AMBeR = Aurora's MB Replayer
        [...] = optional

        -cN chip select: 0 = auto (default)
                         1 = MSX-Audio
                         2 = MSX-Music
                         3 = Both

        -v  verbose: give status/error reports on stderr

Samplekit handling:

IF MSX-Audio should play
THEN
        IF filename mentioned in cmdline