To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

RE: FIRST ANNOUNCEMENT & CALL FOR PAPERS : 8th INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCE ON TRANSLATION

Dear Colleague

With great pleasure we would like to inform you that the University Utara
Malaysia and Institute of Language and Literature (DBP), Malaysian
Translators Association, and National Institute of Translation Malaysia
will hold the 8th International Conference on Translation in September,
2001 at Langkawi, Malaysia.  We would be very grateful if you could share
this information with your colleagues.

Theme: "Translation in management and information technology: Towards
developing a k-economy"

Topics:
1. Issues and challeges in translating management and information
technology materials.
2. The applications of technology in translation.
3. Translation as field of trade.
4. The management and quality control in translating.
5. Problems in the translation of management and information technology
materials.
6. The interpretation and application of translation in management and
information technology in the era of globalisation.
7. The roles of translators in the transfer of technology.
8. The importance of translation in the development of a k-economy.
9. The legal implications in translation.
10. The role of publishers as a catalyst of the translation process.

Please visit our web site http://web.uum.edu.my/ict/

Thank you.

Dato' Prof. Dr. Mohd Yusof Hasan
Director of University Utara Malaysia Press
c/o Director of The 8th International Conference on Translation