Dear Mr Strøm,

> New to the list, I would like ask if someone has any experience with the
>product Universal Translator 2000. On paper it looks promising.
        I obtained a copy a few years ago -- in order to see
how bad it was.
>How is the quality of the translation?
        The quality is extremely poor, and I would not recommend it.

>Can it communicate with other applications, without interaction? (ActiveX,
COM
??)
        Perhaps, I have not tested it ..

>Who owns the product? (After Languageforce went down)
        Nobody as far as I know. I was told that a company called Glossa
was continuing to develop and/or sell it, but I have been unable to find
them on the Internet.
>How can one get in contact with them?
        Don't know
>How is the quality of support?
        It was poor before the company ceased operation
>I would also very much like to receive recommendations of other
MT-packages,
>preferably omnidirectional ones, beiing able to communicate with other
>applications (without interaction)
        Which langauegs are you interesetd in?
        For a full listing of current commercial systems see the
"Compendium
of translation software" on the EAMT website.

With regards,
John Hutchins
16 June
Øyvind Strøm