I'm still confused as to why are we putting DVDs into MB? MB has no way
of providing information to DVD players does it?
like i said my opinion is if it's a DVD of a concert or performance, it
doesn't belong in MB unless it's added as a bootleg. the word DVD won't
even be an issue as the title would be date/location of performance.
I can understand adding DVD-Audio/SACD, etc. without having "DVD" or
"DVD Audio" in the title, it should go under an annotation or some other
way to mark the albums as such. Let's keep titles as titles.
here are my opinions on the given examples.

Title DVD
DVD Title
Title (DVD)

are these a movie? Hard Days Night, Help, Kiss saves Santa?, Phish -
Bittersweet Motel
should not be in MB imo
-
Title (DVD single)
Title (bonus DVD)
Title (Dvd Edition)

is this only audio?
i have no objections to DVD Audio and there should be some kind of
annotation as such.. but not in the album name.
-
Title (DVD bonus tracks)

again depends if it's a movie or DVD Audio
-
Title (DVD-AUDIO)
Title (DVD Audio)
Title (DVD Audio, disc 1)

should be in MB without any type of note int he title.. annotation
should be made elsewhere
-
Title (DVD/CD)  (wtf?)

are these Duel Disc? CD on one side DVD on the other?
each side should be handled separately
-
Title (live DVD Rip 2004)
Title (disc 4: Live DVD)

these should be entered as bootlegs.
-
to sum it up I feel that DVD Audio/SACD type discs should be added with
some kind of annotation that is NOT in the album title, "Movies"
(Beatles - Hard Days Night [the move]) and bonus DVDs (Dave Matthews
Band - Stand Up Duel Disc documentary stuff, Phish - Bittersweet Motel)
shouldn't be in MB, and live performances that are not DVDA/SACD (Primus
- Hallucenogenics Tour DVD, Bonnaroo 2005, etc.) should be added as
bootlegs.

-brian.